[SICOPOLIS:126] Compressed NetCDF-4 output

Ralf Greve greve at lowtem.hokudai.ac.jp
Mon Jul 11 10:40:35 JST 2022

Dear all,

I'd like to inform you that SICOPOLIS can now write compressed NetCDF-4
output. To do so, `git pull` the latest revision from the develop branch
and add

#define NETCDF4_ENABLED 1

to the run-specs headers. See one of the headers in the 'templates'
directory for an example. By default, the parameter is set to 0, which
writes NetCDF-3 classic output as before. However, if your NetCDF
installation has NetCDF-4 enabled, I encourage you to change to the new
format as it saves a lot (~ factor 3) of disk space.

I hope you'll like the new feature. Of course, should there be any
issues, please let me know.

Best regards,

Ralf

--
Dr. Ralf Greve
Professor, Glacier and Ice Sheet Research
greve at lowtem.hokudai.ac.jp
http://wwwice.lowtem.hokudai.ac.jp/~greve/
https://twitter.com/RalfGreve